On the day
Make the most of your day at the Art Yard Sale by planning ahead. Here’s some essential information about the event:
For security reasons we don’t like to have too much cash on the site, so we use our very own artrepublic ‘funny money’ instead.
This is how it works:
1. You can only buy artworks at the Art Yard Sale with our artrepublic funny money, which we exchange for cash on the day of the event.
2. You can beat the rush – and meet the artists faster – by exchanging your cash for artrepublic funny money at our nearby gallery* from 9 –11am on the morning of the Art Yard Sale.
3. Money can also be changed up for funny money at the Art Yard Sale location during the event – from 11am – 5pm.
4. If you haven’t spent all of your artrepublic funny money, and want to change it back to everyday cash, you must do so before 5pm at the designated location at the Art Yard Sale site.
5. Any artrepublic funny money that you have left over can be used on the day of the Art Yard Sale only at the artrepublic gallery; you could put it towards framing costs for your new purchases or another piece that you’ve seen in the gallery.
What time does the Art Yard Sale open?
The artists will have their stalls set up and open for business from 11am – 5pm on the day of the event.
What else can you expect on the day?
As well as the art itself, there’s plenty to look forward to on the day including:
• Live music from Brighton’s very best buskers (if you’re enjoying their performances, please do show them some love – aka a little cash!)
• Brand-new print releases, often at a lower price than usual
• Impromptu workshops with artists at their stalls
• Seeing the magic of some artists’ creative process as they hand-finish their prints on site
• The opportunity to meet a whole host of artists, whose art you may already own or who you follow on social media